In 1675, in a mystical vision to St. Margaret Mary Alocoque, Jesus revealed the following promises to those who respond to the pleading of His heart and make an effort to return His love.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their homes.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place in which an image of My Heart is exposed
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names
written in My Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion
on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of
final perseverance; they shall not die in My disgrace, nor without
receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Do you have an image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus displayed in your home?
We have this image hanging above our prayer space, with a flameless candle lit below, illuminating Jesus’ Sacred Heart.
Idea: I like to give this as a wedding gift with the 12 promises pasted on the back as a reminder to the couple of their marriage in Christ.
In Christ Jesus,