Updated: May 4
Among His words spoken to St. Margaret Mary, Jesus made 12 promises to those who would respond to the pleading of His Heart and make an effort to return His love. These promises have been approved and cited by the Church.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their homes.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
Image of the Sacred Heart This image is inspired by a centuries old masterpiece by an unknown artist that was saved from a European church being threatened with destruction. The original painting contains the Latin inscription "Sic Deus Dilexit Mundum" at the bottom, and is translated "For God So Loved the World". The image is available in an 8x10 print in our shop.
About the Author
Debbie Staresinic is the founder of On a Mission to Love a ministry and shop dedicated to building a culture of life and love by honoring and Jesus and Mary. She is the author of Theology of the Body Rosary Meditations and On a Mission to Love: Rosary Meditations for Children and Families. You may follow her on Instagram @tobrosary and @onamissiontolove. And on Facebook @tobrosary.
About the Production of our Products
Believing in the sanctity and dignity of every person, all of our products are made in adherence to Fair Trade Standards. This includes our books, rosaries, rosary pouches, rosary flash cards, baby blankets, and gift boxes.
“Every human being is endowed with a dignity that must never be lessened, impaired or destroyed but must instead be respected and safeguarded, if peace is really to be built up.” – St. John Paul II